Successful Home Business Rituals to Start Your Day
How do you start your day? Do you do the same thing every morning? I learned that we are very much creatures of habit and people tend to enjoy doing the same thing in the same way every day unless something arises to cause us to change. So, if it is true that we are habitual by nature it seems that we should build rituals that support us for a day which promotes creation of a successful home business.
What does it mean to create a day that promote building a successful home business? Building a successful home business is not easy because there are many tasks within the day which require concentration, creativity, and focus. Mostly we are taught that in order to get a lot done we must work continuously for many long, hard hours and not stop until we are done, in other words, power through the day until we are exhausted. While we feel as though we are really putting in a full day’s work the reality is that for most of that time we are not as focused and productive as we might think.
Schedule Your Energy To Create a Successful Home Business
I have been taking a course from Eben Pagan called Wake Up Productive and at the same time reading a book Eben recommends called The Power of Full Engagement by Jim Loehr and Tony Schwartz. Both the course and the book have been extremely eye opening for me in terms of how to structure my day in order to have the most productive day possible. While some people advocate scheduling your time Eben suggests to instead schedule your energy. The following morning ritual prepares you with a load of energy on board as you start your day creating your successful home business.
The course helps you address issues internally such as hydration and nutrition and then helps you to build your day from morning until evening. It therefore makes sense that we start with the morning and build our way out into the day. Here are 5 rituals that if implemented will set the tone of your day for a successful home business. You will find that you feel more energized and focused in your home office.
5 Changes to Make to Your Morning Ritual For a Successful Home Business
- Probably a majority of you start the day with a cup of coffee, I know I did! The first successful home business ritual that you want to switch up is to make drinking water the first thing you do in the morning. When you wake up in the morning you have gone a good 7-8 hours without water and your body is dehydrated. Drinking about 16 ounces of water first thing in the morning replaces the fluids in your body and most importantly in your brain. I found making this one small change in my morning ritual made me feel more awake than coffee ever did and ultimately I quit drinking coffee altogether. Please note that I am not telling you to give up coffee, which is what happened for me, I am simply suggesting to postpone your morning coffee for a little while.
- Do some physical activity such as walking, a gentle jog, dancing to some music, etc. for 30 minutes is the next successful home business ritual I would like you to enjoy. You don’t have to break a sweat unless you want to and you don’t have to hurt the next day. Just moving your body to create some deep breathing and start oxygenating your body is what we are after here. I have been taking my dog for a brisk walk. It is good for me and good for my dog.
- Now it is time to examine the food you eat in the morning. Ideally you want to be eating as close to raw as possible. Some people I know actually choose to eat a salad in the morning but I myself have never heard of a breakfast salad dressing! Others stick with a more predictable shake of fruits and maybe a bit of veggies, with some protein powder and water. I myself have chosen some whole grain granola and a bit of kefir which is a far cry from the bread and cheese I was having or worse when I would eat nothing at all. Eating a healthy meal in the morning actually fires up your metabolism and revs your engines up for the day ahead and you will have the energy you need for your successful home business.
- Do a small bit of meditation for business where you are just sitting quietly and clearing your mind of the noise and chatter inside. You can chant if you like or simply sit quietly and listen to your breathing for just 10-15 minutes. This meditation for business prepares your mind for a good day of productivity which is the foundation of a successful home business.
- And finally read or listen to 30 minutes of personal development material to feed your mind. This will set you up with a foundation to build on for the rest of the day. If your company has a morning charge call get on that or listen to the recording. Read something like Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill or any number of positive mindset books that line the bookshelves in the library, book stores or online shops such as Amazon.com. Feeding your mind with this uplifting material will help to keep you aligned with the work you need to accomplish on your successful home business.